Tuesday, January 24, 2012

California Women for Agriculture

I attended the California Women for Agriculture  annual state meeting earlier this month. It was held in our local chapter and was a great event! We had the opportunity to tour a Cargill beef slaughter plant and a goat dairy one day. This was my first time in a slaughter plant and let me tell you it's not for the weak-stomached! It was absolutely amazing though. I learned so much that day. I encourage anyone interested to contact Cargill and take a tour with them. They are very welcoming and accommodating.


 I believe this was the first time I have had goat milk - and it is tasty!
Summerhill Goat Dairy was wonderful! A beautiful, very clean facility where they process their own milk.

I missed the last tour of the day to the calf nursery: Grimmius Cattle Co.

We also got to hear some great speakers including The Dairy Goddess, Katie Pinke and Scott Vernon of I Love Farmers, They Feed My Soul.

I wasn't able to attend all of the meeting, but the portions I did attend were very informative and interesting. Already looking forward to next year's meeting!

No comments:

Post a Comment