Monday, October 11, 2010

The Farm Vet Makes the Front Page!

Last night the farm vet had two emergencies to tend to. Not getting home until after ten o'clock to eat dinner and the thought of an early morning herd check looming in the distance, he was tired to say the least.

This morning we had a wonderful surprise! The local newspaper, The Fresno Bee, had run a front page article on the shortage of farm veterinarians! The farm vet had been interviewed and pictured for the article but we did not know when it was going to be published and that it would appear on the front page. After a long night of emergencies it was nice to wake up to the newspaper giving recognition to food animal veterinarian's hard work. Here is the link to the article:
http://www.fresnobee.com/2010/10/10/2113167/large-animal-veterinarians-on.html#disqus_thread

2 comments:

  1. The article was great! Happy to see some good PR for farm and ag for a change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dr. Hall,

    I'm one of the pre-vet students also in this article, and I was hoping to contact you about a possible large-animal internship. I am not from the area and most vets I have been referred to have an equine practice--I am hoping to focus on livestock.

    I would love to speak or meet with you, but wasn't sure how to reach you. My email is eadam@mail.fresnostate.edu. Let me know if you can help or point me in the right direction!

    Thank you!
    Lizzie

    ReplyDelete